Thursday, November 25, 2010

rip off gator


So I've been working trying to get this croc looking and standing the way I want it. I'm trying to get this sort of realistic looking croc with cartoony proportions making a face the would make wile e coyote proud and it's not working. There are lots of reasons why but the real problem is that I'm not sketching enough to knock out the crap in a timely fashion. And that's when a thought struck me. I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel here, I'm looking to learn some new techniques in corel painter. So I thought why not just continue the sketch I started of louis from the princess and the frog? I'm going to render it in a more realistic way than it is in the movie, I'm placing it in a unique environment and in all honesty, I love the way that disney does animals. So while its not as creative as coming up with my own crocodile creature, for the purposes of completing my course it works out just fine, and I am sketching it myself rather than just tracing over it so I don't feel so bad. Anyhow, progress is slow, but its still progress...
Ok, so its reeeeeallly slow. Don't judge me. I shifted over 420 boxes out of a building and into a truck yesterday, in stinking hot summer weather while wearing long pants and steel cap boots. You think I came rushing home bursting at the seams with anticipation for sketching? Well I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment