Sunday, April 3, 2011

I loathe daylight savings

Every year, twice a year I have to go through this shit. One goddamn hour backwards or forwards and my internal clock is ready to leap head first into oncoming traffic. And I mean the answer is simple. Boycott daylight savings right? I think I tried it once. It's not as simple as it sounds. I mean the clock on the car and the clock radio beside my bed are easy but my computer is hooked up to some sort of weird internal mechanism that automatically updates my time and if you want to try explaining to someone at Telecom that you'd like the daylight savings function on your cell phone removed then more power to you. I mean a lot of that stuff is outsourced and wherever those calls go, they just aren't trained to deal with things like an irate lunatic trying first to explain the concept of daylight savings and then trying to get them to join in a worldwide boycott of it.
Anyhow, this is Alan Rickman from the movie Galaxy Quest. One of the more enjoyable films I have seen in my life. Made all the more so because he's in it I'm sure. It is one of the few films that's just as enjoyable today as it was the first time I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment