Saturday, April 9, 2011

The moon man

A quick sketch of the moonman. I have been busy today but I have about four pieces that are nearing completion and I'm pushing myself into new and unusual territories with all of them. In a nutshell this means that it's getting difficult and not going as well as it would if it were easy. I put colour on one piece this morning and when I went back to it about twenty minutes ago it was not looking so good. I have a character and a secondary character and an idea for a situation only the "throw it to the wall and hope it sticks" technique I have used in the past is not cutting the mustard any longer and I need a more considered approach.
Basically, this is the point where I would like to leave this work and do something less difficult but that's not an option so I must struggle on and with any luck the results will be worth the effort.
Also I don't like this sketch. I will be having another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment