Friday, February 25, 2011

Willie WIP

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this one at the moment. The structure was all good to start with but the painting seemed to loose a bit of the likeness. When I flipped it around I saw the problem instantly and fixed it and then flipped it back which is around the time I added in the background which as you can see is pretty much black. Well dark and light are relative terms, with the light grey background I had the values sorted out but when I added the darker background the values on Willie were waaaaay too light all over so I kind of have to go back through and get them all sorted out. Oh well, that is part of the fun I guess but I'm tired and I had to sit through Natalie Portman's latest visual nightmare The Black Swan and I'm just not feeling the painting at the moment. Seriously, if you have the chance to go and see the black swan, go see something else. I don't know why but there is this tendency amongst filmmakers lately to position the camera immediately behind the character so that you get to see 15 -20 seconds of the back of someone's head. Usually that happens in the early stages of the film because its still in setup and nothing's happening. When I see it I know I'm going to be in for a bumpy ride.
I think the best part about going to see the Black Swan was getting to sit through the previews so that I could see all the upcoming cinematic bowel movements that I wouldn't be wasting my time going to see. Top of that list. Sucker Punch.
It'll be a cold cold day in hell before I sit through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment