Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bob Parker



I've been wanting to do a painting suitable to put up one one of those earthquake appeal auctions. I was going to send in my John Key but let's be serious, who the hell would want a picture of John Key on their wall? Apart from John himself. Actually that would have been the main reason to put up a picture of John, to see if he would bid. Whatever, I wasn't intending this to be it but I think that I will use this one. The overall piece is working really well and I think it will actually sell. The icing on the cake would be if Sideshow Bob bought it himself.
When it's done I'll put a little effort into making that happen but for now I'm just going to get cracking painting this. I think that he's going to like it. I've been concentrating on appeal rather than exaggeration. Certainly makes for a challenge but the results are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment