Friday, March 25, 2011

Sneak preview

 


So the top image with the mice is a sneak preview of something I'm working on. But its a secret. Even I don't know what it's about. I did. Or at least I thought I did. I started off with a definite plan in mind but then these mice appeared out of nowhere. I think its cos my cat had a mouse bailed up outside this afternoon. I think it might have been one of the noisy bastards that lives in my ceiling. She must have given him a bit of a seeing to because all's quiet up there tonight. Strange though, firstly I thought they were rats, secondly it sounded like there was a small army of them up there. Whatever, I shall remember that mouse forever by immortalizing him and his family on the end of a bass.
The other two are value block ins from sketches from last night. I'm not sure if I was tired or what but when I left the Jemaine sketch last night I remember feeling kind of happy with it. When I woke up this morning... Not so much. I was hoping that adding some value to it might kind of sort out a few issues but it still feels weird. Looking at it now, it's the eyes, and that far eyebrow's a bit wonky. But yeah, this is what happens when I work from a lousy reference photo.
Actually it might be the chin. Yeah, it is. The rest of the face is going one way and the chin is pointing in the opposite direction. Oh well, this is why I get up in the morning so I can't really complain. Actually I can, but my eye is leaking like niagara which usually means its time to give it a rest for the evening. Woo hooo!!! Sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment