Monday, March 7, 2011

Florian Satzinger



Florian Satzinger is one of my largest inspirations. Not that I aspire to do work like his or that his style is something that I try to emulate. But just looking at his work inspires me to keep sketching. His stuff is like crossing Duck Tales with Dr Seuss and despite poring over the work on his blog I can't for the life of me find a purpose for any of it. I mean it might be character designs for an animated series or it might be a magazine. Or it might just be that he's doing it simply for the fun of it which now that I think about it would make a lot of sense. These are neat little drawings and I encourage you to check out his blog but in the mean time I found a quick demo of his sketching process. I think the thing I like most about this is just how rough the first pass sketches are. Also there are similar postings of his on vimeo so check those out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment